Ranked #4 in Time Magazine’s “100 Greatest Beaches in the World” – Del Mar Provides Year-Round Romantic Coastal San Diego Getaway
With spectacular scenery, sun-drenched beaches, world-class restaurants and luxury resorts, the charming seaside community of Del Mar is the ideal destination for romance.
· Throughout the month of February, Hotel Indigo is offering couples an irresistible getaway with the Date Night Package. The package includes deluxe accommodations, a bottle of champagne upon arrival, complimentary parking, two tickets to Cinepolis Luxury Cinemas and breakfast in bed for two. Package starts at $194 per night, not including tax, subject to availability. Book online at www.hotelindigo.com/DelMar or call 858-755-1501.
· Throughout the month of February, L’Auberge Del Mar is offering the Foodies Delight Package, a culinary adventure that ignites the senses with savory plates and hand-crafted cocktails at the hotel’s Kitchen 1540 restaurant. The package includes deluxe accommodations, a $150 dining credit and a special Valentine’s Day room rate. Package starts at $340 per night, not including tax, subject to availability; two-night minimum stay required.
· On Feb. 13-14, L’Auberge Del Mar will also offer a special Valentine’s Valet program for guests who want to shower their loved ones with tokens of affection. The service allows guests to choose a hotel gift certificate in one of three denominations to be packaged in a beautiful basket and delivered right to their car at the hotel’s valet. Each basket features chocolate covered almonds, a half-bottle of champagne and tantalizing product from Spa L’Auberge. Book online at www.laubergedelmar.com or call 858-259-1515.
ROMANCE AND RELAXATION
· From Feb. 1 – Mar. 15, Spa Na’Mara at the Hotel Indigo is offering special packages for guests looking to treat their sweethearts. The Teaching Touch Massage Package for couples includes a 25-minute massage for each guest, a glass of champagne, take-home massage oil and a professional lesson on giving your partner a spa-like massage experience at home. Two hour package rate starts at $300 per couple, not including tax; subject to availability.
Throughout the month of February, Spa Na’Mara is also offering the Couples Ritual Package. This lush package includes a couple’s massage, a glass of champagne in the Spa Na’Mara relaxation lounge and take-home massage oil. Package rate is $195 per couple for a 50-minute massage and $265 per couple for an 80-minute massage; not including tax, subject to availability. Book online at www.spanamara.com or call 858-755-1501.
· Spa L’Auberge, in Del Mar’s iconic L’Auberge hotel is inviting guests to love themselves this February with a bit of Valentine’s pampering. Treatment packages will be offered at special pricing throughout the month, including The Perfect Pair Package, offering the ideal combination of a massage and facial; Love’s Glow, a brightening facial and shea butter scrub; Floral Escape, an island-inspired scrub and massage; and Rose Petal Toes, a luxurious rose petal pedicure. Package rates range from $55-$285 per person, not including tax, subject to availability. Book online at www.laubergedelmar.com or call 858-259-1515.
· Throughout the month of February, Place360 Health + Spa, nestled in the charming Del Mar Village, is offering the Time For Us Package, a 12-month customized package of health and spa services that support overall wellness individually and as a couple. From de-stressing massages and champagne to acupuncture and nutritional advice, all of the wellness spa’s services are available to couples throughout the year. The 12-month package rate is $4,800 per couple, inclusive of tax, gratuities, complimentary access to private steam and Swiss shower, snacks, beverages and access to the relaxation lounge. For more information, visit www.place360healthspa.com or call 858-793-1104.
· With some of the most beautiful views in San Diego County, Del Mar’s beaches offer many spots to enjoy the outdoors or take in the sunset. Ranked #4 in Time Magazine’s “100 Greatest Beaches in the World’, Del Mar offers a beautiful stretch of soft sand for lovebirds looking to stroll alongside the ocean. Couples and pet lovers alike can also head to Dog Beach, a broad wedge of beach with lots of room for volleyball games, sunbathing and playing fetch with Fido. For more information, visit www.dreamdelmar.com.
· Lovers looking to unwind outdoors can head to Powerhouse Park or Seagrove Park for a midday coastal picnic. Located just above the 15th Street surf break, both parks offer a picturesque setting to take in the sunset or a fresh ocean breeze. Secret Pantry, a gourmet Peruvian market, offers great on-the-go options for couples packing their picnic baskets. For more information, visit www.cafesecret.com.
· Inspire your inner art lover with some SoCal arts & culture in Del Mar, home to an assortment of local art galleries. At the Del Mar Art Center’s gallery in the Del Mar Plaza, visitors can explore the creative works of thirty-six different artists with specialties ranging from oil painting, sculptures, glass, and jewelry. At the Erik Skolberg Gallery in the Del Mar Plaza, contemporary artist and San Diego native Erik Skolberg creates dreamy, vibrant paintings depicting the true seaside energy and colors of Del Mar. For more information, visit www.dmacgallery.com and erikskoldberg.com.
· From surfing, stand up paddle boarding, to golf, yoga and hiking, couples that enjoy being active together can delight in Del Mar’s endless array of outdoor activities. For more information, visit www.dreamdelmar.com.
· Those looking for the perfect gift for their nearest and dearest can explore Del Mar’s endless selection of shops and boutiques. At Marquis Fine Jewelers, find one-of-a-kind pieces that will leave her speechless, or keep it simple with an elegant bouquet of flowers from Jolie Fleur. For unique gifts such as handcrafted jewelry or imported linens, be sure to check out the Del Mar Artisan Market, each Saturday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Del Mar City Hall Parking Lot. For more information, visit dreamdelmar.com.
· With a beachfront patio that overlooks Del Mar’s sparkling waves, Jake’s Del Mar Waterfront Grill provides an alluring atmosphere for romantic dining. Jake’s delicious menu of California coastal cuisine boasts freshly caught seafood, prime steaks and seasonal dessert creations. For more information, visit www.jakesdelmar.com or call 858-755-2002.
· Located in the coastal Del Mar Plaza shopping center, Enoteca del Fornaio is a relaxing place to gaze at a beautiful sunset or into your lovers eyes. Offering a vast wine list and traditional Italian cuisine, Enoteca del Fornaio’s delectable menu is only matched by the picture perfect views from their outdoor patio. For more information, visit www.delmarplaza.com or call 858-755-8639.
Also located in the Del Mar Plaza is Pacifica Del Mar, one of San Diego’s top seafood restaurants. Known for its award-winning coastal cuisine and breathtaking Pacific views, Pacifica Del Mar is sure to impress any mate or date. For more information, visit www.pacificadelmar.com or call 858-792-0476.
· Blending the ambiance of Del Mar’s beach scene with a relaxed and informal dining atmosphere, The Poseidon Restaurant offers dramatic oceanfront dining, only a few feet from the sand. Poseidon’s eclectic menu features traditional American favorites with a Southern California twist, such as Tequila-lime Tortellini and Grilled Ginger Pesto Scallops. For more information, visit www.poseidonrestaurant.com 858-755-9345.
· Trade in the traditional box of chocolates this Valentine’s Day for a decadent treat from Chocolate Bar in the Del Mar Plaza. Offering a large variety of chocolates, a full coffee and espresso bar and a selection of wines and champagnes, Chocolate Bar is the perfect place to stop in for a dessert or a nightcap with your sweetheart. For more information, visit www.delmarchocolatebar.com or call 858-793-1700.
· When in the mood for some delightful indulgences, look no further than Crepes and Corks, centrally located in the Del Mar Village. This cozy European bistro & wine bar specializes in traditional Parisian crepes, tapas and Italian panini, complimented by an awe-inspiring wine selection. For more information, visit www.crepesandcorks.com or call 858-847-3382.